The Traverse Theatre is committed to protecting your privacy. Please read our policy to understand how we will use and protect your personal information when you use our site.
Where Traverse Theatre collects any personal information from you, the data controller (the company that is responsible for your privacy and determining how personal information collected is used) is the Traverse Theatre (Scotland) Limited (company number SC076037).
Traverse Theatre is registered in accordance with current data protection legislation. Traverse Theatre (Scotland) Ltd's data protection registration number is ZA058205.
The Traverse Theatre uses a number of data processors, such as Spektrix who provide our box office system, in order to help us provide the services you request. These organisations are obligated to act on our instruction in relation to their use of your personal data and do not have any control over your data in their own right and are not able to contact you. We make sure anyone who provides a service for the Traverse Theatre enters into an agreement with us and meets our standards for data security. They will not use your data for anything other than the clearly defined purpose relating to the service that they are providing.
Our website may contain links to other websites owned and operated by certain trusted third parties (like Edinburgh City Council and Creative Scotland). These other third party websites may also gather information about you in accordance with their own separate privacy policies. For privacy information relating to these other third party websites, please consult their privacy policies as appropriate.
How we collect information from you
We will collect information, including personal information, about you when you interact with us. This could include using our website or other services, like purchasing tickets online, over the phone or in person, or where you sign up to receive emails from us.
We may also receive information about you from third party organisations that we have worked with. These organisations will only share information with us where there is a lawful basis to do so. You should check the relevant privacy policies when you provide personal information to fully understand how data is processed.
What information we collect
In order to provide you with the best service we can, we collect certain personal information about you. This personal information may include, but not be limited to:
Such information includes:
• your name, address and contact details
• details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media
• information about the services we provide to you
• your account details, such as username, login details
• CCTV images (whenever you attend the Traverse Theatre)
• information provided as part of the donation process
We may also collected limited sensitive personal information about you, for example dietary requirements you may have or information about your health (like if you require a wheelchair accessible seat).
How we use the information
We may process your personal information in several different ways. The main reasons are (i) to fulfil a contract with you, (ii) to comply with legal obligations, (iii) for our legitimate business interests (but only where your rights and interests do not override our legitimate interests) and (iv) where you have provided consent. If you choose not to share your personal information with us or refuse certain contact permissions, we may not be able to provide you with the services you have asked for.
In particular, we will use your personal information to do the following:
1. Register you as a user of our website or other services (fulfil a contract)
2. Booking Tickets (fulfil a contract)
3. To contact you about cancellations, amendments or other information in respect of your booking (fulfil a contract)
4. To provide customer service and support and respond to any queries (legitimate interest)
5. To train our staff (legitimate interest)
6. To monitor customer experience (legitimate interest)
7. Email and Postal Mailing Lists (only where consent has been given). This information will include any contact details provided, together with any other information you may provide as part of the personalisation process.
8. Fraud prevention and detection (legal obligation and legitimate interest)
Where you have provided sensitive personal data, we will only process this information where you have explicitly agreed for us to so.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes where you have consented to us contacting you for this purpose.
We also process personal information through our CCTV system at our venue which is operated for the security of both customers and staff and for the detection of criminal activity. It will only be accessed upon an official request.
Our secure server ensures that your personal details stay personal. We only allow authorised personnel access to personal information you provide.
Every credit or debit card purchase you make at our website through the ticketing service (Spektrix) is done through our Secure Server Technology. This provides many security features, including:
• Authentication: this assures your browser that your data is being sent to the correct computer server, and that the server is secure.
• Encryption: this encodes the data, so that it cannot be read by anyone other than the secure server.
• Data Integrity: this checks the data being transferred to ensure it has not been altered.
Our online ticketing facility accepts Mastercard, Visa, Visa Debit, Maestro and Solo.
Our secure server software encrypts information, ensuring that internet transactions stay private and protected.
If you have any questions or concerns about the security of our site, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see section on Your Rights below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We would like to send you information about other productions and events we think you might be interested in and keep you up to date with news from the Traverse. We will ask you for, or have previously requested from you, additional permission to do this. You can opt out of these or modify your preferences at any time by logging into your online account. If you allow us to contact you with marketing messages, you are able to opt out of receiving them at a later date.
Every marketing email we send contains an Unsubscribe link you can use to opt out of these messages at any time, or you can contact us to be removed from our marketing mailing lists.
Please note that should you choose to opt out of marketing emails, we may still contact you with customer service information and important information about your account and orders.
Sharing your personal information
Except as set out in this policy, we will only disclose your personal information to third parties to provide the services set out above to you. We do not sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
We may share your personal information with other third parties in the following circumstances:
• Where we undergo a change of control or sell or transfer our business or assets, we may disclose information to a third party buyer as part of the sale and purchase process;
• Where we have a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with a legal obligation;
• To prevent or detect fraud or crime; or
We may also share data with third parties where it has been anonymised (meaning you are no longer able to be identified from the information).
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the group of companies for marketing purposes.
When you place an order for a production which has been produced by an organisation other than the Traverse Theatre, you will be asked if you would like to receive marketing communications from them in the future, at which point you may opt in or choose not to do so.
If you opt in, we will provide your postal and email contact data to the third-party producer. You may update your third-party contact preferences at any time in Your Account.
You have a number of important rights in respect of your personal information which can be exercised free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
• fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
• access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
• require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
• require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
• receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
• object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
• object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
• object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
• otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see https://ico.org.uk/for-organis...
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please contact us using the details below. Although there is no specific method you should use to exercise these rights, we will need sufficient information to identify you and we might request further information to verify your identity if we reasonably require.
If you have a concern or wish to make a complaint about any aspect of our privacy practices, including the way we’ve handled your personal information, you can report it to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”). You can find details about how to do this on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113.