Despite our building being closed, we’re working hard to produce a free virtual programme, working with writers, artists, young people and our community.
We hope to welcome all of you at the Traverse again when it is safe for us to do so, but for now, we’re bringing the Traverse to wherever you are, and inviting you to join fellow theatre-lovers for brilliant performances and new learning opportunities.
Please read on for the latest updates regarding our building closure.
SUPPORT OUR WORK
Hopefully, you're on this page because you love theatre and believe in the power of new writing and stories like we do. We recognise that these are difficult times for many of us. However, if you are willing and able to make a donation to support our work, we would gratefully appreciate your help.
Last updated: Tues 19 May
The most recent item will appear at the top of this list:
- Enough of Him, co-produced by National Theatre of Scotland and Pitlochry Festival Theatre, will not be taking place in November. Ticket bookers will be contacted. (18 May)
- Our Young Writers' Scratch performances are being made available at 8pm daily until Sun 24 May. (16 May) Watch here >
- The first session of our Open Submissions Workshops series, An Introduction - with Eleanor White, Literary Assistant at the Traverse Theatre, is now available to watch and listen to. (13 May) Watch/listen here >
- We've launched Open Submissions Workshops, a 16 week writing course with tuition from some of Scotland's most exciting playwrights and theatremakers. It's completely free to access and will be updated with a new session weekly on Wednesdays. (13 May) Find out more
- Mark Thomas will stream his award-winning 2012 show Bravo Figaro!, with a live introduction from and Q&A with Mark on Thursday 14 May at 7.30pm. 20% of the admission price will go towards supporting the Traverse Theatre. (11 May) Read more >
- Our Traverse Young Writers' Scratch Night has been reimagined as a series of online performances starting on Sat 16 May until Sun 24 May. (5 May) Read more >
- Five From Inside, a series of monologues created by Rona Munro, directed by Caitlin Skinner and featuring members of the Donny's Brain cast was made available during the time period of the production's intended run - Wed 15 March - Sat 2 May. Read more >
- All performances up to 1 September 2020 have been cancelled and ticket buyers have been contacted regarding refunds. (3 April)
- The Traverse Festival 2020, along with Edinburgh's other August Festivals, will not be taking place. (1 April) Read more >
- The Traverse Theatre building is closed until further notice and our programming is suspended. (17 March) Read more >
If you need to get in touch with a member of the Traverse Theatre staff, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and your message will be directed to the most appropriate person to help you.