HOW TO TAKE PART IN THE EAVESDROPPING WALK
1. Once you have received your confirmation email, download the free Walk This Play® app from the Apple App Store, or Google Play Store. The App is optimised for the following operating systems: Android - version 6.0 or later / iOS version 12.0 or later.
2. Open the Walk This Play® app and tap the login button on the top right of the screen. Follow the prompts at the bottom of the screen to ‘Create an Account’, using the same email address that you booked your tickets with.
3. The walk will be available to download from Fri 5 Aug.
4. Once the walk is available, log into your account, choose Eavesdropping from the list of available plays by tapping ‘Open Walk’.
4. Connect to WiFi and download the walk.
5. Once the walk is downloaded and you are ready to begin, make your way to the front of the Traverse Theatre, put your headphones on and tap 'Start'.
BEFORE THE SHOW
What equipment will I need to experience Eavesdropping?
To experience Eavesdropping, each ticket holder must have their own smartphone, and compatible headphones.
What do I need to participate in Eavesdropping?
You will need to download the free Walk This Play® from the Apple App Store, or Google Play Store. The App is optimised for the following operating systems: Android - version 6.0 or later / iOS version 12.0 or later.
How do I view the performance?
When you buy a ticket through the Traverse Theatre website, you can create an account on the Walk This Play® app, using the same email address that you used to book the ticket. Once the account is created, login to the app and select ‘Open Walk’ next to Eavesdropping on the list of available walks. Download the walk while connected to WiFi (free WiFi is available at the Traverse Theatre). Keep your WiFi and GPS enabled for the duration of the walk. When you are ready to begin, head to the front of the Traverse Theatre, put on your headphones and begin the walk by tapping start.
What time does the show start?
There is no specific start time, but we recommend doing the walk between 10am-9pm in line with the Traverse Theatre’s box office opening hours. The running time is approximately 1 hour 10 minutes, but all Walk This Play® experiences are designed so that you can walk at your own pace. The walk will wait for you.
Who should I contact if I experience any issues prior to the show?
You can speak in person to the Traverse Box Office team, or email email@example.com. If you are unable to download the walk, or are being asked to pay, please make sure you have created an account using the same email address that you booked your ticket with via the Traverse’s box office, and are logged in to the app with those details.
DURING THE WALK
I’ve signed in, but I still can't access the walk
Make sure you’re logged into the Walk This Play® app using the email you bought the ticket with via the Traverse, and to which you should have received a confirmation email when you originally purchased access.
The app is asking me about location settings?
Please select ‘allowed all the time’ to improve your GPS and give you the best experience of the walk.
How do I know where to go?
Keep your GPS and WiFi enabled, and follow the instructions given by the narrator and within the story itself. There is also a built-in map in the app. The route is circular and will start and end at the Traverse Theatre. The orange line and marker on the map show your position on the route, so to stay on track follow the line. The map is there for you to refer to throughout your walk. The route will take around 1 hour 10mins to walk, and has some inclines but no steps. The Eavesdropping walk takes place outdoors, so wear comfy shoes and weather appropriate clothing.
I have tapped ‘Start’, and I can see the map, but the audio hasn’t started?
In map view on the app, tap the square button on the top right of the screen. Ensure that ‘Autoplay’ is toggled to on (toggle is blue)
What should I do if the sound disappears mid walk?
Don’t worry, you may have strayed out of the route a little, so double check your map on the app and navigate back. The walk will wait for you and can be enjoyed at your own pace.
How long do I have access for?
You can take part in Eavesdropping as many times as you wish. If you plan to do the walk multiple times, make sure to fully close the app before beginning your next walk so the walk can reset
Is the experience accessible?
As this is an audio experience, D/deaf audiences can choose to use the in-app captions. Visually impaired audiences may need a walking companion for safety with crossing roads.
What age is Eavesdropping suitable for?
Eavesdropping is suitable for ages 14+
I have a question that isn’t answered here.
Please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 228 1404, and our Sales & Welcome Team will do their best to help.
- The walk will last around 1 hour 10 mins.
- The route is accessible with some inclines, but no steps. You can check out the map of the route here.
- The walk will wait for you and can be enjoyed at your own pace.
- As this is an audio experience, D/deaf audiences can choose to use the in-app captions.
- Visually impaired audiences may need a walking companion for safety while crossing roads.
- For anyone with mobility issues or additional needs, contact us for the audio-visual film of Eavesdropping that you can experience without walking the route itself.
- If you do not own a smartphone or suitable operating system but would like to take part, please contact the Traverse Theatre Box Office (email@example.com) to arrange to borrow our in-house equipment.
- Walk This Play® Edinburgh is suitable for ages 14+.