Though this list is not exhaustive of the measures we are taking in this area, below are some of the key actions we are taking to ensure the safety of staff working at the Traverse – and therefore also our audiences.
- Only pre-authorised personnel are permitted to access the Traverse.
- All staff have received training on working in a Covid-safe manner, and adhering to the Scottish Government’s FACTS guidance at all times.
- Staff will be issued with a number of face masks and T-shirts, which will be washed on a high temperature between each use. Masks will be changed every four hours.
- Staff arrival times are staggered to avoid any congestion in the venue.
- All staff members are temperature screened each time they arrive at the Traverse.
- If a staff member’s temperature check is failed twice, they will not be admitted into the Traverse.
- Anyone experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms will be sent home.
- Staff will sanitise their hands upon entrance to the venue.
- Whilst in the venue, all staff will observe social distancing, wear face masks (unless medically exempt) and wash their hands frequently, and immediately after touching surfaces.
- All handled equipment will be thoroughly sanitised between uses.
- PPE will be worn by First Aiders when carrying out any tasks that involve direct contact.
- Regular breaks for handwashing to be factored into the workday for all staff.
- In the event of an evacuation the Traverse clear, socially distanced, evacuation procedure will be followed by all staff.
- Staff, where able, will use stairs to move around the building rather than the lift to allow practicing of social distancing
- Staff will only access areas where they are authorized to be, which will be minimal, and move around backstage areas following pre-defined routes.
- Everyone working in the building will bring all food and drink with them and will not share food with those outside their households.
- Staff have, where possible, been encouraged to travel and from the venue either via bicycle or by walking.
- Staff will leave the building as soon as possible following the end of each performance.