Though this list is not exhaustive of the measures we are taking in these areas, below are some of the key actions we are taking to ensure the safety of the casts and companies performing at the Traverse – and therefore also our audiences.
CAST AND COMPANY
- Only pre-authorised personnel are permitted to access the Traverse.
- Cast and company arrival times are staggered to avoid any congestion in the venue.
- All cast and company members are temperature screened each time they arrive at the Traverse.
- If a cast of company member’s temperature check is failed twice, they will not be admitted into the Traverse.
- Anyone experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms will be sent home.
- If a key staff member or artist fails the temperature check then a replacement may need to be found at short notice.
- If it is not possible to replace the individual at the last minute a decision will need to be taken to amend the running order or cancel a performance or performances.
- Cast and company members will sanitise their hands upon entrance to the venue.
- Unless they are travelling from dressing rooms to the stage, are onstage or are medically exempt, all cast and company members are required to observe social distancing and wear facemasks whilst they are in the venue, and wash their hands frequently, and immediately after touching any surfaces.
- Cast and company members, where able, will use stairs to move around the building rather than the lift to allow practicing of social distancing.
- Cast and companies will only access areas where there are authorized to be, which will be minimal, and move around backstage areas following pre-defined routes.
- Everyone working in the building will bring all food and drink with them and will not share food with those outside their households.
- All cast members will do their own hair and make-up and bring any other items that they require with them (e.g. towel).
- Dressing rooms will be cleaned each day.
- Cast and company members have, where possible, been encouraged to travel to and from the venue either via bicycle or by walking.
- Cast and company members will leave the building as soon as possible following the end of each performance.