The Traverse Audience Charter and Useful Information
As the world starts to open up, and we’re able to welcome you back into our venue again, we understand if you feel a bit nervous.
To help keep us all safe and comfortable, we ask you to please read the following which, by attending a performance, you agree to adhere to.
If you have any questions about any element of this Charter, please email our Box Office team at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Traverse promises to:
- Adhere to government guidance on Covid safety and continually assess everything we’re doing.
- Fully refund any booker who is unable to attend due to a Covid-related issue, if the refund is requested in advance of the performance start time
- Thoroughly sanitise all surfaces in the public areas of our building, including in the auditorium, front of house areas and toilet facilities on a frequent basis.
- Ensure sufficient hand sanitiser stations and handwashing facilities are available to staff and customers.
- Ensure that all staff wear face masks, unless medically exempt
- Create clear directional and information signage throughout the building.
- Train all staff thoroughly on Covid security.
- Make disposable face masks available to anyone who may need one.
- Support the rights of those who are medically exempt from wearing face coverings.
- Update bookers on any significant changes to social distancing arrangements by email in good time before their booked performance.
- Ensure that all Covid safety procedures are made available for the public to view at any point on the How We’re Keeping You Safe section of our website.
In return we ask that you please:
- Not arrive at the venue more than 60 minutes before the performance start time.
- Do not enter the building if you feel unwell or have any of the following Covid-19 symptoms, and contact our box office at email@example.com for a refund:
- A fever
- A new and persistent cough
- A loss of, or change to sense of smell or taste.
- Report to a member of staff if you feel unwell during your visit.
- Be understanding and respectful of your fellow audience members and the Traverse staff by maintaining a 1m distance from those outside your bubble at all times.
- Wear a face covering whilst in the building, including in the auditorium during the performance, except if you are medically exempt.
- Sanitise your hands as you enter the building, at one of the sanitisation points provided.
- Follow all signage put in place, and staff direction given, regarding Covid safety, including hand hygiene and one-way systems.
- Make your ticket purchase by card, preferably contactless.
- Where possible, not print your etickets, but instead have them ready for us to scan on your mobile phone or device. This helps to minimise contact points and is better for the environment.
We are so excited to see you all again, hope you have a wonderful visit and enjoy the show!
Thank you for your support, now and always.
To cut down on unnecessary contact we would encourage you to buy your tickets in advance and use an e-ticket. Should this not be possible for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 228 1404 and one of our team will help you. Our opening hours are 10AM-6PM, Mon-Fri and until performance start times at the weekend.
If you or anyone you live with or is in your group displays symptoms associated with COVID 19, or if you are required to self-isolate following Government guidance, please do not visit the Traverse Theatre. Under these circumstances, please call our Box Office team to request a full refund in advance of the start time of the performance you are attending.
The Traverse Theatre does not have a cloakroom – please do not bring any unnecessary or large items of luggage to the venue.
The Traverse bar is open from one hour before performances.
Toilet facilities, including an accessible toilet, will be available one hour before before and following performances. They will not be available to the public outwith these times.