Applications are now open to playwrights and theatre makers for next year’s IASH/Traverse Creative Fellowships. In 2021 we will be providing two creative fellowships, commissioning and supporting two writers to produce work that speaks to the Traverse Theatre and IASH’s interests in urgent stories that speak to our lives now and into the future.
IASH/Traverse Digital Fellowship
A full-time 3-month writing Fellowship focusing on new work for digital platforms to take place between May – July 2021.
- This Fellowship is open to writers with an idea or story suitable for digital platforms. That could be a Virtual Reality storytelling piece, a theatrical film, a binaural audio play or something entirely different.
- We’re interested in how technology and new forms of theatre can be brought together to produce innovative ways for audiences to experience stories.
- For this Fellowship, the writer will be invited to live in Edinburgh full-time for three months (or they must already be based in a commutable location), working in residence at the University of Edinburgh to produce a first draft text by the end (or soon after) of that period.
- The recipient will enjoy a private office at the University, as well as access to the university library and the Institute’s many other resources, including joining the community of other Fellows working at IASH during this time.
- The playwright will receive dramaturgical support from the Traverse Literary Department, and while each Fellowship will be tailored towards the writers / projects individual needs, it would be our ambition to work towards a work-in-progress sharing of the work in 2021 as part of the piece’s ongoing development.
- The stipend for this fellowship will be £10,000 inclusive of an accommodation allowance.
- In addition to this the University of Edinburgh may be able to provide international travel bursaries, and can help support visa applications for writers based overseas.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 30 November 2020
Interviews will be held via Zoom in the week commending 14 December 2020.
We welcome applications from all writers and theatre makers interested in these fellowships. We are particularly interested in applications from groups who have been traditionally unrepresented and as such are committed to appointing at least one person of colour to these Fellowships to ensure Fellows working at IASH and the voices on our stages are as representative as possible.
For further information on please download the IASH/Traverse Digital Fellowship application pack from the jobs page of our website.